Thursday, August 22, 2019
Uebelhor Buick GMC Feb 2017 bw Print
home » news » sullivan house fire on friday ends with total loss

Sullivan house fire on Friday ends with total loss

Photo by HAROLD BOSSTICK:Firefighters responded to a house fire Friday morning on North Court Street in Sullivan. No injuries were reported.

A house fire resulted in a total loss Friday in Sullivan.

Firefighters with the Sullivan City Fire Department, Thunderbird Fire Protection Territory and Carlisle-Haddon Township Fire Department — as well as Sullivan County Ambulance Transport staff — responded to the house fire on North Court Street in Sullivan.

The initial call came in around 8:40 a.m. and responders were on scene until around 12:15 p.m.

“The cause it looks like is a wood-burner in the basement,” SCFD Chief Rob Robertson said. “(The damage) is pretty severe inside. I would consider it a total loss.”

No injuries were reported.

For those using heat sources to heat their homes this winter, Robertson has some safety advice.

“Make sure you check all of your piping and your chimney,” he said. “Make sure everything is clean and everything is working all right.”

For those with electric space heaters, there are precautions they can take as well.

“Anybody that is using electric heaters and stuff, just make sure they stay away from anything that can catch fire and don’t put them on extension cords,” Robertson said.

eEdition of AX_SITE_NAME
See and Buy our Photos