REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
TOWN OF SHELBURN, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA) and related requirements regarding Qualification Based Selection and competitive negotiation for engineering services, the Town of Shelburn is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the procurement of final design engineering services relating to the Shelburn- Sullivan County Community Hospital Business Park (SCCHBP) Water Project to be funded in part by EDA Public Works and Economic Adjustment Assistance Grant.
The project is to improve water quality and capacity to the SCCHBP located near the intersection of U.S. Highway 41 and County Road 300 in Sullivan County, Indiana. The project involves installation of a new 16” water main transmission line from the existing Town of Shelburn’s water tower located approximately 4.2 miles north of the SCCHBP. In addition, other system improvements would be necessary for the new water line to function properly. This includes installation of 2 new upsized well pumps to increase capacity to 400 GPM along with a permanent emergency generator.
The scope of final design engineering shall include preparation of plans and specifications including detailed identification of materials and supplies; procurement of all necessary permits and coordination of paperwork relative to the EDA grant; part-time construction engineering and observation and inspection, including review of schedules, shop drawings, pay applications; and coordination and monitoring activities of the project through development and construction completion.
The Town of Shelburn will execute a fixed-price cost reimbursement type of contract for these services. All services will be stated on the cost reimbursement basis (hourly rate and maximum hours fixed). The awarded contract will have a not to exceed clause that will limit the allowable fees charged in connection with these services through project close out.
All respondents should note the successful proposer must comply with all Federal Third-Party Provisions.
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding the respondents qualifications. Do not include a proposed fee as this is a qualification-based selection process. Respondents should include the following information:
1. Name, address, and brief description of firm.
2. Description of expertise, experience, and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
3. Description of 2-3 other projects designed by this firm that demonstrate knowledge, expertise and/or experience with this type or similar work.
4. Description of scope of services.
5. Project timeline
6. List of references and reference contact information.
7. Resumes of key personnel to be assigned to this project and identification of the person to be in charge of project.
8. Name, title, address, and telephone number of individuals with the authority to negotiate and bind the respondent contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
The selection committee will select the top two (2) highest scoring firms to conduct interviews. Firm recommendation will be made based upon the scoring criteria below.
1. Firm’s history and resource capabilities and capacity to perform required services including success in complying with federal/state/local regulations.
1. Evaluation of assigned personnel.
2. Related experience.
3. Budget, cost controls, experience, and results.
4. Familiarity of the organization with local experience and this type of project.
5. Ability to relate to project, project understanding.
6. Analysis of narrative statement. (One page)
7. Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timeliness, and cost control.
If you are interested in providing the required services, please submit five (5) copies of the Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) to the Town of Shelburn, c/o Jay Southwood, Clerk Treasurer 15 N Railroad St., Shelburn, IN 47879 no later than 4:00 pm on December 14, 2021. Any SOQs received after said time will be returned unopened. All proposals must be clearly identified on the outside envelope as “Shelburn-Sullivan County Hospital Business Park Water Project SOQ”. All SOQs must be submitted in black and white, bound by either a binder clip or a staple. No binders, color or bound copies will be accepted. Do not include fee for service. Each SOQ will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. If necessary, interviews will be scheduled with the firms on or about the week of December 20th.
The Town may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offerors. The Town reserves the right to reject any and/ or all responses. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested parties that desire additional information, a site visit or clarification regarding the Statement of Qualification, please contact Ms. Kristine Krueger, Community Grant Specialist, Thrive West Central between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. local time Monday thru Friday at (812) 238-1561 ext. 259.
11-19-2021 – 1t hspaxlp