Arrows break losing streak
Sullivan’s futility in boys tennis came to an end on Wednesday at home. Sullivan had won a boys tennis match.
The Golden Arrows snapped a 54-match losing streak as they defeated South Knox 3-2.
Senior Kegan Meng won in straight sets at No. 1 singles, his second victory of the season.
Scott Fusco needed three sets, but earned a point with a win at No. 2 singles.
The No. 1 doubles team of Jared Couch and Braden Cagle did not lose a game in winning in straight sets.
Sullivan last won a 4-0 decision at North Central on Sept. 28, 2015. It was 16 days short of dating back three years.
They lost their final match of the 2015 season in the opening round of the sectional and went 0-20 in 2016 and 2017 before starting this season 0-13.
The Arrows (1-13) will host Linton on Monday.
Sullivan 3, South Knox 2
1. Kegan Meng (S) d. Nathan Ruppel (SK), 6-3, 6-1
2. Scott Fusco (S) d. Caleb Cunningham (SK), 6-2, 2-6, 6-0
3. South Knox won by forfeit
1. Jared Couch-Braden Cagle (S) d. Tom Schmidt-Nolan Hayes (SK), 6-0, 6-0
2. Jace Willis-Zac Schmidt (SK) d. Carter Trowbridge-Noah Kincaid (S), 6-4, 6-6, (7-3)