SignupLogin
Friday, January 18, 2019
Uebelhor Buick GMC Feb 2017 bw Print
home » news » house fire put out quickly by scfd
News

House fire put out quickly by SCFD

/data/news/28835/file/realname/images/10_12_18_house_fire.jpg

The Sullivan City Fire Department had a house fire reported on Thursday evening.

The call came in around 5:20 p.m. for 219 W. Johnson St. in Sullivan but the SCFD was able to quickly put out the fire.

“The fire was minimal and was kept to one bedroom and the attic,” Fire Chief Rob Robertson said. “There is water and smoke damage throughout the home.”

The owner, Shawn Cox, was not home at the time of the incident and the SCFD was able to get his dog out of the home safely.

“There was a small heater in the room by the bed and we believe that might have caused the fire,” Robertson said.

He warns the public with colder weather approaching to be cautious and make sure they are heating their homes safely.


eEdition of AX_SITE_NAME
See and Buy our Photos